Welcome to Distance Learning for Rochester STEM Academy! This will be a new adventure for all of us in your learning. Please read the resources below, and make sure to email teachers and staff the questions you have.
On March 25, Governor Walz announced an executive order for Minnesotans to “Stay at Home” beginning Friday, March 27, at 11:59 PM through Friday, April 10. The Governor authorized the Education Commissioner to extend Distance Learning from March 30 through at least April 30.
What this means for students:
- Spring Break is Friday, March 27, through Sunday, April 5.
- Distance Learning will not occur during Spring Break
- Distance Learning will begin for all students on Monday, April 6.
- You can expect communication from your school on or before Monday, April 6, on what Distance Learning will look like for your child.
- At this time, Distance Learning will occur Monday, April 6, through April 30. The Minnesota Department of Education will continue to re-evaluate the Distance Learning schedule, and this is subject to an extension. In the event that we are able to return to learning in the classroom in May, the first day back for students would be Tuesday, May 5. The Commissioner of Education reserved Friday, May 1, and Monday, May 4, for “planning” days for our staff. Staff would report these days, students would not. Again, this is subject to change.